Join Us For the Next GCRW Meeting on Thursday, April 20th !
March 2023 – GCRW members had a great lesson on soil and water conservation in the county at our March meeting. We were honored to have our two new Soil And Water Conservation Board Supervisors Bill Ward and Dan Brandon with us. They brought John Searby, Catawba RiverKeeper Executive Director, to talk about issues in the county. John gave us a lesson on the Catawba River basin and discussed the impact of development, the potential lithium mine and other issues that have had consequences on our soil and water. He also discussed the partnership between his non-profit organization, the Gaston County Soil & Water Board of Supervisors, and municipalities to protect our water supply. Thanks to everyone who attended !
WEBB STREET SCHOOL WORK DAY – Thanks to all of our hard-working members and associate members who participated in our work day at Webb Street School on Saturday. It was a beautiful day ! We had 30 workers and we completed all 20 items on the to do list and more! We cleared and weeded gardens; prepared the bed for a pumpkin patch; built a new raised bed; cleaned the greenhouses; washed off tables; painted items in the sensory garden; planted vegetables; raked the yards; and more ! Thanks to Carol Faraday, Caring For America Co-Chair, for leading the effort. Great job everyone ! Please link to the GCRW Facebook Page to see all the pictures.
Click here to view information about previous meetings.
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF OUR NEWLY ELECTED STATE AND COUNTY OFFICIALS !! Republicans prevailed in almost every race on the ballot. Thanks to all of the candidates for your hard work and sacrifice. And a heartfelt thanks to all GCRW members who spent hours knocking on doors, making phone calls, hosting fundraisers, and working at the polls. We helped lead our candidates to victory ! Click here to view the winners !
Thank you to Senator Kathy Harrington for your years of service in the State and in GCRW. She has served in the North Carolina Senate from the 43rd district since 2011. She was elected Senate Majority Leader by her Republican colleagues following the 2020 elections – making her the first woman elected to that position. She also served as the GCRW President in 2001 and helped move the club into the new millennium. She is a good friend and a strong leader who has been an inspiration to many. We will miss having her voice at the NC Statehouse. And, we wish her well in her new endeavors !
IMPORTANT ! Please take time to view the resolutions, plan of organization, and GOP party platform for 2022 at https://convention.nc.gop/committee_reports.
Thank you for visiting our website. We hope you find the site informative, inspiring and inviting. GCRW works to promote conservative causes; elect Republican candidates; inform the public through political education and activity; and, increase the effectiveness of women in the cause of good government. We welcome all Republican women and hope you will join us to make a difference in our community, our state and our great nation.
View all elected members and associate members.
DON’T MISS !!!!
GCRW meets in the evening on the third Thursday of the month. The next meeting is Thursday, July 21 beginning at 5:30 PM for social hour and 6:30 for the meeting. Other Important Dates! . Gaston County GOP Executive Committee Meeting 2nd Monday at 7 PM.
Learn About GCRW…
- We collaborate with the NCFRW, our state affiliated Federation, the NFRW, our national affiliated Federation and with Gaston County GOP, our local Republican Party which provides endless opportunities, support and benefits for our club.
- We are an active group of women (and men-Associate Members), who have a common belief in the guiding principles of the Republican Party. Click here to learn more about our club history and organization.
- All registered Republicans are eligible to become a member or associate member of our club. Click here to join !
- We enthusiastically encourage on-going education on local, state and national topics/issues through scheduled guest speakers; monthly book club discussions; political forums with candidates; and timely club communications. Click here for a schedule of meetings and events.
- We promote political action by working to increase voter registration; encouraging good candidates to run for office; actively writing legislators and the Board of Elections about issues; and participating in elections. Click here to learn more about our legislative advocacy and helpful links.
- We engage in community outreach and service projects throughout our community, our state, and our country. Click here for a description of our community outreach.
- We strive to keep our members informed of club activities and important issues through timely club communications, including newsletters, our website, and social media. Members may click the button below to access club information.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction
Current Issues …
Our republic and the foundation of our democracy is currently under attack. We must work to save our elections and stop Democrats to federalize elections. We must raise our voices to protect our first and second amendment rights. We must protect our borders. We must protect our schools from radical indoctrination. We must stop state-hood efforts for D.C.. And, we must stop attempts to expand the Supreme Court and lower courts. Join Us Now !
Get In Touch
- P.O. Box 551192, Gastonia, NC 28055