Join Us For the GCRW Family Picnic in June (More info to come) !
May 2023 -Kelly Lester, John Locke Foundation, joined GCRW for the May meeting. She focused on several legislative hot topics in North Carolina First, she discussed the detrimental impact of using Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) scores to manipulate market investments. And she highlighted the “right to repair” bill which is a liberal initiative that prohibits consumers from getting parts for tractors, equipment and appliances and forces them to purchase new items that meet higher standards. Stephanie Franks, Legislative Committee Chair continued the legislative discussion and shared several additional National and North Carolina bills, including the budget. It was a thought-provoking discussion. Thanks to everyone who attended !
Cinco de Mayo Festival
NCFRW Spring Board Meeting
Six GCRW members attended the NC Federation Spring Board Meeting in Charlotte. At the dinner on Saturday, President Melinda Suddes received the Rise Award on behalf on the club from NCFRW President Kay Wildt. This award is given annually and requires a club to increase membership; attend Federation Board meetings; log community service hours; and participate in educating the public about elections and candidates. Congratulations to all members and thank you for all of your hard work this past year !
WEBB STREET SCHOOL WORK DAY – Thanks to all of our hard-working members and associate members who participated in our Webb Street School garden project this past year ! We had 40 workers and we completed all items on the to do list and more! We cleared and weeded gardens; prepared the bed for a pumpkin patch; built a new raised bed; cleaned the greenhouses; washed off tables; painted items in the sensory garden; planted vegetables; raked the yards; and more ! Thanks to Carol Faraday, Caring For America Co-Chair, for leading the effort. Great job everyone ! Please link to the GCRW Facebook Page to see all the pictures.
Click here to view information about previous meetings.
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF OUR NEWLY ELECTED STATE AND COUNTY OFFICIALS !! Republicans prevailed in almost every race on the ballot. Thanks to all of the candidates for your hard work and sacrifice. And a heartfelt thanks to all GCRW members who spent hours knocking on doors, making phone calls, hosting fundraisers, and working at the polls. We helped lead our candidates to victory ! Click here to view the winners !
IMPORTANT ! Please take time to view the resolutions, plan of organization, and GOP party platform for 2022 at https://convention.nc.gop/committee_reports.
Thank you for visiting our website. We hope you find the site informative, inspiring and inviting. GCRW works to promote conservative causes; elect Republican candidates; inform the public through political education and activity; and, increase the effectiveness of women in the cause of good government. We welcome all Republican women and hope you will join us to make a difference in our community, our state and our great nation.
View all elected members and associate members.
DON’T MISS !!!!
GCRW meets in the evening on the third Thursday of the month. The next meeting is Thursday, July 21 beginning at 5:30 PM for social hour and 6:30 for the meeting. Other Important Dates! . Gaston County GOP Executive Committee Meeting 2nd Monday at 7 PM.
Learn About GCRW…
- We collaborate with the NCFRW, our state affiliated Federation, the NFRW, our national affiliated Federation and with Gaston County GOP, our local Republican Party which provides endless opportunities, support and benefits for our club.
- We are an active group of women (and men-Associate Members), who have a common belief in the guiding principles of the Republican Party. Click here to learn more about our club history and organization.
- All registered Republicans are eligible to become a member or associate member of our club. Click here to join !
- We enthusiastically encourage on-going education on local, state and national topics/issues through scheduled guest speakers; monthly book club discussions; political forums with candidates; and timely club communications. Click here for a schedule of meetings and events.
- We promote political action by working to increase voter registration; encouraging good candidates to run for office; actively writing legislators and the Board of Elections about issues; and participating in elections. Click here to learn more about our legislative advocacy and helpful links.
- We engage in community outreach and service projects throughout our community, our state, and our country. Click here for a description of our community outreach.
- We strive to keep our members informed of club activities and important issues through timely club communications, including newsletters, our website, and social media. Members may click the button below to access club information.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction
Current Issues …
Our republic and the foundation of our democracy is currently under attack. We must work to save our elections and stop Democrats to federalize elections. We must raise our voices to protect our first and second amendment rights. We must protect our borders. We must protect our schools from radical indoctrination. We must stop state-hood efforts for D.C.. And, we must stop attempts to expand the Supreme Court and lower courts. Join Us Now !
Get In Touch
- P.O. Box 551192, Gastonia, NC 28055